Thursday, November 09, 2006

Feeling better


But still sneezing a lot. I bought some Cold Ease today, so maybe that will help me get over this cold I seem to have. I felt bad last week, but I'm feeling better.

We had a lovely vacation in mid October at Swallows Falls near Deep Creek Lake. We camped in the camper, visited Oakland, and surrounding areas, saw Swallows Falls again, took pics (have to learn how to post them here, saw the train museum (which was really more of a gift shop), and bought a turkey dinner from the Apostolic Church in our of the local communities. DH was not so impressed with the turkey dinner, as he prefers the home style dinners we have every year at my father's family's annual Christmas dinner, the White family dinner, the Sunday after Christmas. They really put out a spread, though, with both turkey and ham.

We've been busy this week, and the weekend looks like it will be busy again. Saturday morning we meet with our local Ward Missionaries to see how the missionary effort is going in our Ward - ugh, I hate getting up to be there at 8 AM. Then we will be taking DD to Scouting for food at 11:30 til 2 PM, then DH and I go to serve food at the soup kitchen 5 PM to 7 PM, and have to figure out how to get DD to a dance that is about an hour's drive away in Columbia, MD. I hope other people will be able to drive her there because the dance begins at 7 PM.

3 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Having to be somewhere at EIGHT on a Saturday morning is just WRONG!!

Don't our lives get just crazy-busy with church?

Silvergirl said...

Yes, they do get crazy busy. Now that I think about it, there is no sleeping in day for me, except when school is off, because of early morning Seminary (get up at 5:20 AM, the Saturday morning Missionary meeting (7:00 AM), and Sunday morning church (8 AM) for 9 AM Sacrament.


DH is the one who has decided on the 8 AM Saturday meeting because he is the Ward Mission Leader. At least our Ward is having their weekly missionary meeting the way we should. Not all of them are doing it, and they are having a hard time getting the auxilliaries to show up, too. Our RS Pres is great, and attends the meeting as often as she can. The Elder's Quorum usually has representation, and the High Priest Group always has a rep there. I appreciate the HP Group rep so much. He is 76, and he knows so many things about the older inactive members. He's such an invaluable asset.

Have a great weekend!

Puffy said...

Your vacation sounds great. I like to sleep late.