Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ouch!

It hurts to see the dead bodies and devastation in the areas hit by hurricane Katrina. I felt in my bones it would be bad, and there was plenty of warning ahead of time, I think.

I don't think Bush and his cronies really get it. This is America, not your local country club where lower income people are there to serve your drinks. They aren't real to you. They don't really count, except when you are shaking hundreds of hands or taking time for a photo op by hugging them. Make sure they are black children, so no one will say you are prejudiced and, of course, the younger ones are prettier and more complacent. They are just thrilled at the attention they are receiving, not realizing they are being used as props in your campaign to win back the respect of the American people. No, you don't want to have such a sour note in your Presidency. It would be a shame if the writers of history books were unkind to you. (sarcasm)

Blah, I'm not going to get over this for a long time. I don't know any of the dead, but just thinking about them and the aftermath, with so many firefighters and other personnel having to recover the dead bodies of the victims in water not fit to touch, let alone wade in. I don't even want to imagine having to find body after body. After a while, it must make them numb.

No, I don't blame Bush for the hurricane. I just hatethe cavalier attitude he seemed to have towards getting on the stick to help these people.

Right now the outpouring of help is heartening, but I will continue to be on my knees praying for everyone's safety and well being. The people doing the clean up probably need it the most.

I think we all do what we can during times like these.


1 comment:

Alice said...

Well said.

*smooch*