Saturday, September 03, 2005

Time to Stop Complaining

After reading about the hardships in New Orleans and Mississippi, I am determined to count my blessings. Having free use of water, more than enough food, and adequate bathroom facilities rate up there as being a God send. I am happy to be in a free country, but right now I am not happy with the President. Oh, no, there I go complaining again. If only he didn't have the sensitivity of a kumquat. Peeps needed help and you ignored them, you stupid #!@$.

I think he will get his just desserts in the end. I predict he will go down as one of the worse U. S. Presidents ever. Also, there will be new revelations that paint him in his true colors. Okay, that's just my theory of what will happen. We'll have to see how it all plays out, but I'm sorry we have to put up with his stupid ways until his fricking term is over in 2008. Three more years! Acccckkkk!

I have a house to clean, clothes to mend and sew and dishes to finish, but here I sit blogging. It's sunny, but hot out. I can hardly wait for the cooler weather. At least it's a holiday weekend, and DH is taking off an extra day. Tuesday will give us some time to do some things together. DD will still have to wake up early for Seminary class, though, so that means I have to get up, unless I can talk DH into doing it for a change of pace for him.

Anyway, I wish I could really drive down south to help, but I really don't have the energy or resources, so I will make a contribution at church for the Hurricane victims and pray that people will be saved from all that mess down there. I don't think they should rebuild NO in the same way, but I'm not an engineer, so my opinion probably doesn't count for much.


No comments: