Sunday, May 14, 2006

I can't believe it's been so long...

Since my last post. I've been busy, some of it not so good busy, as in dental pain, but still.

We just had a nice dinner at the Cajun Crab, a new place right around the corner. It's our second visit and it was still fabulous. I had a cup of seafood gumbo, though DH and I agreed that the cream of crab soup is waaaay better. We also both got the 2 crab cake platter with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was really good. I ordered bananas foster for dessert and didn't share - ha ha. DH and DD shared a strawberry shortcake. We had another couple with us, so he didn't gloam onto my dessert like he usually does. He did ask if that was ice cream on my plate - I said yes, and continued eating it all up. Good stuff.

Well, that was my mother's day gift, and that was fine by me. I really like that place, and by the looks of the crowd there, word is getting around. I hope they are there for years, because I love having a good place nearby that serves decent crab cakes.

Well, G&M's makes bigger ones, but they are in Linthicum, which is 50 miles away. We can't move back there now, although it would be closer to DH's job. I love Frederick too much anyway.

Happy Mother's day!!! Oh, btw, Puffy, your name came up at dinner. I won't tell you who we shared dinner with, though. You will just have to guess.

6 comments:

Lasann said...

Gawd, I was beginning to think the slumber party peeps kidnapped you!

kim (weltek) said...

Yum! I love cajun food and crabcakes. You made my mouth water!

Glad you posted, we missed you!

consise10 said...

Sounds very nice Silvergirl.The part about your desert made me chuckle!

Puffy said...

Yawn! That was a long slumber party. Dinner with...hmmm? Cygnus and Ladycub? Do tell who it was!

Paul said...

I'll never tell. ;-)

Paul said...

Bad news, Silv! Seems that the Cajun Crab didn't make it . . . it's now something else! LC and I just saw it tonight. :-(