Thursday, June 08, 2006

Free stuff and new stuff

Okay, Monday morning I spied a gas grill alongside the road as I drove DD to her early morning class. I saw that it was a Weber, and DH and I have been talking about one day buying a Weber grill because Webers are made to last. I dropped DD off, then picked up the grill and put it in the van. Thank goodness I had the space because one of the seats is out of the van.

When I came home, I told DH that I got him a Weber for Father's Day. He couldn't believe that I found a free gas grill, until he looked outside. He said he could fix it up and get new parts. It might cost about $100, which is cheaper than buying a new one. Anyway, our old gas grill burns stuff, so I am looking forward to better gas grilling with this thing.

I bought DD a new camera. It was only $31 plus 5.99 shipping at the Shop at Home Network. It is a 3.2 megapixel with video mode that has sound. She had been using her old camera for video and it didn't have sound. She's a happy camper, and I will let her take most of our vacation pics. Right now, she is interviewing people from that early morning class to make a video yearbook. Their last day is Friday, so I get to sleep in starting next week. Oh, boy!!! We are looking into getting her a bigger SD card - the biggest she could use is 512, and it takes more than an hour of video.

I have made our camping reservations for the Niagara meet, as well as Father's Day weekend in PA, and the week following Niagara in the finger lakes region of NY. I can't wait! I have to fix the van for curtains because DD is sleeping in the van, while we sleep in the Aliner.

2 comments:

consise10 said...

Someones junk can be anothers treasure...wow what a find Silvergirl!

Puffy said...

Just yesterday, Mr. Puffy was telling about the turkey he made on a Weber grill. Moist and tasty, one of the best ever, he said.

Have fun at the peep meet!