Sunday, July 16, 2006

Vacation Bites

That's what I am calling the durn mosquito bites on my legs. Vacation bites. They are still itchy and I'm not sure what to put on them. Hydrocortisone cream is not helping much.

We came home on Friday, a day early, and I was glad when we finally came home. We went to the Finger Lakes drive in movies to see Pirates of the Carribean 2, and had to leave before the second feature (Cars). On the way home, I saw that there was a drive in movie near Dillsburg, a little more than an hour from here. Maybe we will visit there some weekend, just to the movie.

I'll be back later with more thoughts on the peep meet and vacation.

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Darn, I was thinking "vacation bites" were a new camping snack you made. I was all excited to try them!

Glad you made it home safe. The drive in sounds fun!

HistoryDetective said...

Hurry back!

Are there any drive in movies near Baltimore. I have not done that in forever!

kim (weltek) said...

Can I be your date, HD? We can sneak in booze & throw candy at couples making out.

Silvergirl said...

HD, I think there are still 2 drive ins in Baltimore - the Bengies, and another. You can find out the locations at www.driveinmovie.com or www.driveintheater.com.

Maybe we could plan the next peep meet around a drive in movie?

We got a little worried about our radio not working, because nowadays the car radio is used to hear the sound, but the old speakers at our drive in still worked, so we were okay. We had a portable battery op radio with us just in case.

Paul said...

A couple years back, there were attempts to put a drive-in near Emmitsburg; I don't believe they succeeded.

There is a drive-in in Hagerstown on the site of an old drive-in that will be restored.

I think I've seen the one in Dillsburg. And yes, the Bengies is still going strong.

Not a movie theater, but just north of Hanover, PA is a still-operating 1950s drive-in restaurant.

Silvergirl said...

Thanks for the links, Cyggie.

Unfortunately, the Hager drive in is showing old horror flicks, like The Blob and The Thing. I prefer the first run drive in movies.

The one in Dillsburg has Monster House and The Lake House this weekend, but we decided to go to a movie house to see Monster House because it's too hot and muggy outside.

Want to go with us to the Dillsburg drive in in the fall? Anyone?

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »