Sunday, July 20, 2008

Church Picnic

I guess it was really too hot for the picnic today. DH and I had bought 200 hotdogs, because last year they only bought 100, and we went through those really fast. There were many more people there last year and the year before. Some people left sooner because of the heat, too.

It was nice, though, and somewhat nicer because Cygnus and LC joined us. DH was cooking hotdogs, sweating it out over near the grill, like he usually does, and LC, Cyg, and I were just looking for a cool place to sit. That pavillion is smaller than I remembered. We did have a nice crowd to play water balloon catch, but we just sat and watched. Usually there are all kinds of games, but I guess it wasn't as well planned this year, or maybe because so many of the members were missing. A lot of the people were there without their other halves.

Anyway, that's out of the way, because we had to shop for the hotdogs, buns, and condiments. I made some cole slaw, and chopped some onions. We have quite a bit left over, which is okay, because I'm using it for dinner tomorrow. We are having turkey burgers cooked on the indoor grill, cole slaw, and Bush's baked beans. I'll grill the onions, and I have some small sweet peppers to grill, too.

Saturday for lunch we had grilled pizza on the indoor grill. I have to break a frozen pizza in half, but it is really good, quicker than baking in the oven, and I don't have to heat my kitchen up.

Happy Sunday, everyone! Cyg and LC, I hope you sell the house quickly, but I will miss having you nearby for "peep meets".

5 comments:

Paul said...

Thanks for having us, Silv! We had an enjoyable evening, and it was great to spend time with you.

We'll miss you too. *smooch*

Pachi_PMT said...

Sounds like it was alot of fun! ;)

Silvergirl said...

Anyone else who is reading this: Pachi is my DD.

Hi Pachi. *goes over to read Pachi's blog*

Tummy said...

SG, if it was as hot there yesterday as it was here, then yes it was too hot! You didn't even have to start the grill to cook the hotdogs did you?

I'm glad you all had a nice visit. and the grilled pizza sounds great.

*nice to "meet" pachi :)

Silvergirl said...

Tummy, I saw your comments on OT about the heat in OK, and we don't get near that hot, but we do have high humidity.

Note: Pachi doesn't have a blog. I wonder if she would let her mother read it if she had one.