Thursday, July 31, 2008

98th post


Well, today I cut DD's hair and frosted it lightly. It looks better. She has a lot of hair, and it's very curly, so it's not easy to cut evenly. I did manage to make it look even though.

I have a few sewing projects I need to do - like make a handbag and make my own bra. It sounds hard, but I don't think it will be that difficult for me, as I have been sewing for years. I have the handbag fabric, but need to find the right bra fabric. I'll post a picture when I get the handbag finished. I hope to get it done tomorrow.

DD and I need to get over to the community college for placement testing and registration. They have a great curriculum that sounds like it is right up her alley. She takes loads of digital pictures and videos. The AA program is called Digital Media, and they have a 20 hour certificate program for Computer Graphics that she can start with, and use the courses from that to fulfill the AA degree in Digital Media. I'm excited for her, but DH keeps putting his 2 cents in. For example, I don't think she should start off taking math the first semester, but he thinks she should get it over with, especially since it is still fresh in her mind.

OTOH, I don't want her to get all discouraged because math is her least favorite subject. I almost want to lie to him and tell him they don't have an available class for her in math. I know I should not feel this way. She is only taking 2 courses this semester, and looking for a part time job.




2 comments:

Pachi_PMT said...

So I guess I'm somewhat of a blonde now. ^_^

kim (weltek) said...

Exciting stuff for DD! FWIW, I wish I'd have taken math right away in college and gotten it over with while it was "fresh" in my mind. It doesn't take long to forget. Just take it with other easier courses is my two cents. But ultimately, it's her decision.