Friday, February 06, 2009

Another cold

Well, at least I haven't had a cold for almost 2 years before this one hit me, but I really don't like being infected with something that cuts my sleep short. Then one night, I could not wear the CPAP mask because my sinuses were totally blocked.

Well, I am almost well enough to be considered normal - almost. I can't wait until I stop having coughing fits or sneezing.

Today I went shopping at the Common Market, and on the way home, I decided to shop at the Dollar tree. The Common Market's prices are high on a lot of things, but the value for the meats is not too bad. For example, the ham steak is priced $3 more per pound, but it is boneless, and seems like much more meat than the regular kind. This brand is also nitrate free, so I know it is better for my family. I love the taste of it, too.

I also bought some organically raised chicken, and it was so tender and tasty the last time I cooked it, I totally felt it was worth the extra money.

The dollar store had quite a supplyof frozen strawberries, frozen peppers and onions for stir fry, and frozen meals that I buy for DD to cook for lunch. I think I am stretching a dollar there, but I am paying the extra dollars at the Common Market. I am hoping it will all balance out.

2 comments:

Tummy said...

Glad you're almost well.

Sounds like good justification to me.

kim (weltek) said...

I try to do the same thing-spend the money on natural/organic foods that are most important to me (meat, mostly) and buy some canned goods, baking staples, etc. super cheap-or just do without some groceries when I purchase the pricier meats.