Thursday, August 31, 2006

Back to Seminary

Saturday I woke up with the shakes. It was the first time since I've been diagnosed as having Diabetes type 2 that this has ever happened to me. It was dreadful. I decided then to fill my prescription for test strips. I don't like the glucose monitor I have right now. I used to have a one touch Ultra that was better, but I lost it in the house somewhere. Anyway, when I tested before dinner, it was 130, which is not low. They have these new guidelines, too, that have the normal range being lower than 110.

I have a new prescription called Metaformin that is supposed to help. I am trying to watch what I eat, but still have a hard time turning down sweets at church functions and all that. I am going to buy a Vita Mix, so I can make more nutritious soups and smoothies, but I am looking for a used one.


DD has started early morning Seminary again, and I pick up 2 of her friends along the way as well. We have to leave here at 5:45 AM. I really don't mind. One of the girls needs a ride to her high school afterward.


I am feeling okay this week. Hopefully I can get some exercise and really start to lose some of this weight.

If you are reading this, did you know that cockroaches are millions of years old?

2 comments:

mm said...

Millions of years? Yuck!

*smooch*

Puffy said...

*steps on cockroach*