Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dog Dreams

Well, in the past week I've had 2 dreams about a dog. One dream felt so real that I accused DH of touching me with a pillow or something. It felt like a dog was walking over me in the bed to get to the middle of the bed. The only thing I saw in the dream (and felt) was a dog's leg that looked like a small German Shepherd.

Now, this past night I had a small glimpse, in a dream, of a small German Shepherd mix - the same kind of dog from the previous dream. He (or she) was on a lease, sitting, and smiling at me, with his tongue hanging out. The eyes were soulful and sweet.

Now I'm tempted to go to the pound to see if the darned dog is there, but I'm really not ready to adopt one just yet. DH needs to fence the backyard, and we don't have any extra money for vet bills and dog supplies.

I also never imagined myself with that particular breed. I want a smaller dog, a rat terrier perhaps, or some other small breed.

Then again, these are only 2 dreams. It doesn't mean I'll wind up with this kind of dog, but it seems odd that I've seen the same dog in 2 dreams. He or she won't be sleeping with us, at any rate.

3 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

LOL, they always say your pets choose you, not the other way around!

Silvergirl said...

Our cat came to us as a stowaway underneath our minivan, the morning after I had decided it might be time for us to get a cat, after a few years with no pets. Kind of makes you think God delivers them to us when we need them.

Debcapsfan said...

I always saw myself with a grey little kitty, and ended up with a white one. So you never know. :)