Monday, August 07, 2006

Funny Hotel Reviews

I have been spending a great deal of time looking for a decent hotel room in Utah for an affordable price and I came across this gem for a Travelodge in Provo, UT:

Very friendly service, continental breakfast was excellent (JUICEBOXES!) and the room was great. Very clean and the haunted sink and screaming toilet gave the bathroom personality! Not sarcasim, I had a very enjoyable experience.

Best Feature: Bathroom
Needs Improvement: The Heater/AC

Traveler's Favorite Vacation Destination: Anywhere but Ogden

Okay, that sounds like they must have been on their honeymoon, since they were staying at a place in Provo, but lived in Ogden. What is sarcasim, anyway?

Here's a non sarcastic review of the same place:

We spent 2 nights but received no hskg service. Carpet was filthy. Drapes were torn and dirty. Faucet was broken. Plumbing was noisy, especially at night when we were trying to sleep.

Best Feature: hairdryer
Needs Improvement: Plumbing & Hskg.

I need to read the travel guides I borrowed from the library so I can call the hotel directly and get a good room rate. No, I won't be staying at the travelodge in Provo, though the plumbing sounds interesting.

PS. We aren't going to Utah until Easter 2007.

Oh, and we went to the White Family Reunion today in Mummasburg, when my Aunts and cousins, plus some friends of the family converge to share lunch on the ballfield. It was a nice day, thankfully, and not too hot. We hurried there, driving an hour to get there, set up the table with tablecloth, paper plates, cups and plasticware. Ate. Talked to people a little. Got tired and left after 2 hours of being there. Cousin Nancy stopped me to say goodbye and were there any changes in her family record sheet. I told her she spelled Laura's name wrong. Somehow it got changed to Laurie, and no one ever calls Laura that. I think it must have been a typing error.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey SG! Utah, one of my favorite places, we were there last week! I wish I had some family there who would put you up! We went to the Bingham COpper Mine - an open pit mine- pretty cool. How long will you be there? Will you have a rental car then??

HistoryDetective said...

I love the user comments when trying to find a hotel. It's amazing how two people can have completely different experiences...

Somebody was way too excited about juiceboxes though.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.