Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Night Date

We went to The Main Cup for dinner tonight and the food was pretty good. I ordered the grilled Romaine wedges. DH ordered the Spinach salad, and then we shared an entree of crab cakes, red skinned mashed potatoes, and baby zucchini (which looked more like regular yellow squash to me.) The romaine wedge was just kind of boring and plain. The spinach salad was really good, and was large. It was a good thing we shared an entree, because there was so much food. The crab cakes were full of crab meat, not much filler, but they were dry. I used some tartar sauce with mine, and DH mixed his with the mashed potatoes. All in all, a nice meal. I had a piece of turtle cheesecake. It was delicious, but I only took 2 bites and took the rest home.

We'll go back again someday. It was a small homey place with a casual atmosphere. We enjoyed the spinach salad more than any other part of the meal. Next time I might try the quiche with fruit on the side. Menus can be found at www.TheMainCup.com. I saw the kitchen on Cable channel 10 here in Frederick. A host named Todd goes to local eateries to try the food and talk to the chef and the owners of the restaurant. Although The Main Cup is basically a coffee place, the food is good, and we look forward to dining there every now and then. I love Middletown!

No comments: