Monday, February 25, 2008

Still the same

Hopefully, I'll get over this cold/flu soon. I served leftover chili and rice tonight for dinner. I really need to go shopping, but haven't been feeling up to it yet.

We canceled our Dish network on February 9th, but received a bill for ongoing service today. The idiots didn't put the cancellation through and were going to charge our credit card again this month. I told them and they wanted their equipment back (everything except the dish). DH had thought those things were ours to keep because it would be like a cell phone. The phone is yours to keep after the contract is over. Well, he had sold them to his friend Phil at work, so he had to call and tell Phil we need them back. Now DH is mad at Dish. I don't understand why the person on the phone didn't tell me this during my first cancellation call. They must have problems training their people.

I got call number 3 from TV Guide tonight. Somehow I had signed up to receive their magazine, but I don't remember it. I didn't want to continue receiving it, so I told the first caller "No, I'm not interested in renewing." Well, they called again the next week, and again tonight. I told DH (who answered the phone at dinnertime) to tell them I won't take their call, but he just stood there all confused, so I took the phone, yelled, "Don't call me again." into it. Then I had to explain to DH why I would not take their calls. Maybe I'll sue.

TV guide is junk these days, anyway. They don't have full listings during the day, only prime time listings. They don't have late night listings, either. I can get free info on the net, so why subscribe?


4 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Yeah, with Dish you "rent" the receiver, but buy the dish. Silly, but true. We've had a few billing disputes with DISH, but they have always been really good about resolving them.

Hope you quit getting these colds soon. Seems everytime you check in, someone in your family has a cold!

Silvergirl said...

Kim, I went to your blog, but it's closed.

I really haven't had a cold myself for at least a year, but maybe I only post when someone is sick, lol. I probably should get some more Ester C to take on a daily basis. I stopped taking it a couple of months ago.

DH is always having sinus problems. He needs to see an ENT Dr, but says he's too busy.

kim (weltek) said...

yeah, I shut it down due to some personal issues with a blogger. I might open back up sometime this spring.

Chris just started having sinus problems last year. I'm sure it's going to be a lifelong problem. He's also not a fan of going to the doctor. Men.

Puffy said...

Our local newspaper doesn't list the TV listings anymore either.