Saturday, January 22, 2005

I hate forwarded emails!

I especially hate the emails that command me to send them on to everyone I know, or great women, or some such thing. I don't like them. Can't anyone just drop a line, letting me know how they are doing? The art of old fashioned correspondence can be carried on in emails, but I think I'm the only one who likes to write those kinds of emails. I guess that's why I'm blogging.

Also, I don't like the sappy lines like "Live everyday to it's fullest." Hey, I have a nice little life here. It's full. It's all good. I'm not taking anything for granted. I have a great husband, a good teenaged daughter who isn't into drugs, boys, or wild fashions. We're living in a great area, with the mountains nearby, in a cute little house. The house needs some work and additional storage space, but we will be doing those things and enjoying the aftermath of all our work. The ride to here was worth it. We lived in an apartment for 3 years, but we finally decided to buy something here instead of building further away from Darren's workplace. It still takes him an hour to get home from work everyday, but he has his garage, and we have all that we need. We just need to get it all organized. We also need some minor remodeling done, which we are working on now. It will be nice when we have the family room completely done.

I just realized the long list of to dos we have for this house. Replace the baseboard heaters with cove heaters. Replace all the windows, except for the one that has already been replaced, and perhaps the garage windows, which we haven't talked about. Replace the dining room and kitchen floors with tile flooring, the kind that clicks together like laminate flooring. Add cabinets to the dining room. Add two new linen cabinets, which we have already bought, to the main bathroom. The main bathroom will also get a new vanity, with one of those cute glass bowl sinks that I've been admiring. There will also be a new tri-view medicine cabinet, and a cabinet over the toilet. I've also bought a new brass towel bar, and plan on buying a brass toilet paper holder.

We also are updating the family room with new cabinets, and a formica countertop that will serve as a computer desk and home schooling work area for Caitlin. Darren has already installed the bookshelves against one wall, with the new cove heater just above them. He also wants to expand that room and put in a pellet stove.

There's more, but I'll stop there, except to mention that the house doesn't have a deck yet. I am looking forward to that addition in the next few years, if we can afford it.


No comments: