Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Introducing Dusty Sneakers

Dusty Sneakers is our cat's name. He is a typical black short haired cat. He is spoiled by my 14 year old daughter, who carries him around like a rag doll. He eats Iam's kitten food, plus I cook chicken livers for him occasionally, or feed him canned corned beef. Lately he has turned up his nose at both, but seems to prefer to eat whatever meat we are having at mealtime, plus he loves popcorn and other munchies.

I recently gave him a pawicure (I coined a new word, Ha!). By that, I mean I covered his claws with Soft Paws, so he wouldn't continue to destroy my furniture, especially since he has started to claw up my kitchen cabinets when I or DD are getting his food ready for him. He just is so excited about the food, and I think that is why he does this. My other cats used to do it too, though. I guess it's just a natural thing for a cat to do, when he is waiting to chow down. He look pretty cool with his new blue claws.

DD can hold him while he sleeps, and he loves to cuddle. Of course, he has his mischeivous moments and he loves to play, but I've never seen a cat turn his mood on a dime like he does. He seems to have 2 speeds, fast and stop. He's so cute when he's on down time.

No comments: