Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Started the South Beach Diet Friday

Then I had a very tough day Saturday, because I needed to go shopping at Sam's for some of the diet foods and I had to pick up prescriptions. DH decided to move the fridge that came with our house, and replace it with the one we had in our old house. I almost told him to forget it at one point, because he was having problems with getting it on the dolly, and getting dirt on the carpet, and having to take the door off the fridge to get it downstairs. After all is said and done, though, I am happier with the bigger fridge. It has 4 cubic feet more space at 22 cubic feet.

Anyway, thank goodness that is over.

I received a call from my Aunt Jean just as I was starting dinner. She told me that Uncle Ralph had passed away. He was 84 and in poor health, so the family thinks it is for the best. I told her I would be there for the funeral Wednesday, and I am going to try to make it. If it snows, however, I won't be making the trip. I didn't know Uncle Ralph that well, but I want to be there for my Aunt Mary, his wife, and his daughters. My Aunt Mary and Uncle Ralph were married 62 years, had 4 children, 2 boys, Jim, who died in Vietnam at the tender age of 18, and Ralph, who died of a brain aneyrism (sp?) at the age of 36, and 2 girls, Linda and Sharon, who have survived their brothers and father.

1 comment:

consise10 said...

good luck silvergirl !