Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm getting the 2nd bedroom ready for the bedroom furniture. Currently I use my computer in this room and it has my sewing supplies in it, but we will be moving the computer to the family room by Saturday and using this room as a bedroom. I guess I should call it the 3rd bedroom, but it's the 2nd bedroom upstairs. Our 3rd bedroom is downstairs where my DD sleeps. She is happy that we bought a house with a downstairs bedroom. She has more privacy that way. She also has her very own bathroom, and the family room is right outside her bedroom. She could sneak out at night if she was ever that kind of kid, because there is a sliding glass door in the family room. The family room is also connected to the garage, but I doubt if she could sneak out that way since the garage door is right below our bedroom. Anyway, she is a good kid, and I trust her.

I need the extra bedroom to sleep in sometimes, as it gets noisy in our bedroom with my husband's snoring most nights. I sleep better when I sleep alone. I know a lot of couples who have separate bedrooms for the same reason. I love him, but the noise can be a bit too loud at times. I know I snore too, but that is because I carry around too much extra weight, which is the result of not being able to sleep. I am looking forward to snoozing blissfully soon.

If you're reading this, have a great weekend!

6 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Glad everyone is happy with the new arrangement.

I've been sleeping all night with Chris more often lately. Usually his snoring drives me away before midnight, but for whatever reason it hasn't bothered me lately. Either he isn't snoring so loudly, or I'm sleeping more heavily. There's a certain sense of intimacy that I enjoy about it. However, I agree that I sleep a little better by myself. I'm a light sleeper.

Puffy said...

It's always fun to make some changes in the house. Enjoy!

Lasann said...

ITA about the snoring. My Dbf says I snore now. I so hate that because snoring get on my last nerve. I go to sleep first, around 10-11 pm and since he works second shift he comes to bed around 4-5 am. And he doesn't snore like the x. Then I slept elsewhere.

consise10 said...

This entry is funny silvergirl.I like the way your mind ticks about the 'sneaking out'.Good that she isn`t that type of girl..and you can trust her.

HistoryDetective said...

LOL! I understand where you are coming from, Silvergirl. My last boyfriend must have told his co-workers that I snore because for his birthday they gave him a box of those breathe-right strips --- for ME to wear at night.

HistoryDetective said...

I talked to my parents yesterday. They are planning a trip to Charleston in August. My mom reserved a suite in case I have time to visit. She wanted me to have my own room since my father snores so loud!