Friday, January 12, 2007

The Diet is Awn!

I just started the Perricone weight loss diet today. It's a very strict diet, and I can't say we can afford all that organic food, but I will do as much as I can afford. Some organic foods are coming down in price, and I don't mind paying more for eggs, for example, or yogurt, which isn't that much more anyway.

I haven't eaten any salmon yet, but I have some wild Alaskan salmon fillets and some canned salmon that would fit the bill. I am not usually a salmon eater, but I guess I could learn to like it.

I found some shelled, plain brazil nuts, and I'm quite fond of them. I also bought some walnuts, which were tasty on top of my cottage cheese with apple.

I hope to feel better and look better. The feel better part is the primary motivation for this change. I'm hoping to lose 50 pounds before we go out to Utah. I still have some more reading, planning, and purchasing to do, but it's looks like I'll be doing this for the long run because I want to get off of these medications I take for various things, most of them related to weight. Hopefully, this will work, but I will have to start keeping better track of my blood sugar and blood pressure. It would be nice to have normal stats the next time I see the doctor.

2 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Just want to wish you luck on the diet! Hang in there! Feeling good is a great thing!

Lasann said...

Good luck on the diet. I went two weeks and gained weight so I went back to no exercise and bad food.