Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Feeling Better

I just can't wait until everyone is back to normal. DH has been sick for about 3 weeks. His workplace has some new rules about taking sick time, and if he takes more than 3 days off in a row, they need him to have a doctor's note saying it's okay for him to come back to work. I just hope they don't reduce his pay for the few extra days he took off, because he was on Christmas vacation when he got sick.

I finally got some antibiotics from Immediate Care, and they have helped my ear infection and my throat doesn't hurt anymore. It's now a battle with the coughing when you just want to sleep. They gave me a prescription for the coughing, and Flonaze for congestion, too.

Monday morning, the phone just kept ringing, and that is when I really felt the worst of it. I still had to wake up early to take DD to her 6 AM class, and my throat and ear were really painful. When we came home again, I just wanted to get to sleep, but one of the church mothers called (DH answered, I was going to let the answering machine take care of it) because her 17 year old son said the school bus just drove past him. I think he missed it, but she wanted me to go over to her house, and drive him to his school. That would have taken about 45 minutes in total trip time, and I was not feeling well, so I told her "no". I guess that's going to be one of my new resolutions, anyway, to just say "no".

I assume she found someone else who could do it. Anyway, DH took some of our Christmas stuff down last night. I did manage to get the laundry done, and put dinner on the table, so I guess I'm doing okay.

2 comments:

Paul said...

*applauds*

Just say no, sister! :-)

And glad to hear you're feeling better.

Paul said...

On another topic, I was looking at the county website, and there are a few positions listed for full- and part-time librarians. Check 'em out!

And we do want to do the Red Lobstah thing.