Saturday, January 06, 2007

Is there a doctor in the house?

Well, we have all been ill, and I got worse this week. We did each receive a priesthood blessing to help us recover on Wednesday night. DH has been the sickest of us all. I hope I don't get as sick as he is. I do think I am recovering, but I felt my worst this morning. Now I'm trying to be think more positive thoughts about getting better.

DD is spending the night over at her friend's house, and she was quite happy to go. Being an only child is not easy for her. She really wants to be around people more, but sometimes she won't take me up on my offers to take her somewhere.

Trying to get ahold of the doctor's office is ridiculous. They have one of those answering systems that makes you wait about 10 minutes or so before you can talk to a real person. I decided not to go in for an antibiotic, but if I do get worse, I will go.

I hope you all have had a Happy New Year, and that 2007 is very good to you.

We did have a couple of people over for dinner New Year's Eve, even though DH was quite ill. He ate with us, but went back to bed when we started playing games.

4 comments:

Paul said...

*sends Yakko, Wakko, and Dot over to Silv's house*

"Hel-LOOOOOOOO, Nurse!"

:-D

Puffy said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes echinicea and zinc help to lesson the effects of an illness.

Debcapsfan said...

Sweetie,
Take care of yourself. I'm glad I took that antibiotic, cause I'm getting on a plane this weekend. Good luck!

Silvergirl said...

Thanks, Deb. I did get the medicine finally on Sunday and I'm on the way back to health - at least my ears and throat don't hurt anymore!

Puffy, I've been drinking some echinea tea and I take a good multivitamin.

Cyg - thanks for inserting your humor.