Thursday, June 07, 2007

I am getting a new sewing machine tomorrow, and I'm kind of excited. It will be the first higher priced machine I've ever owned. I'm hoping for better performance. It is made b Juki, a company that manufactures industrial sewing machines, and I was only able to find one review on it. It comes with a Barbie machine, LOL. I think I will try to sell the new Barbie (retails for $29.99) on Craig's list. I will also try to sell the old Brother machine, because people are always interested in buying them used to save some money.

I also ordered a new Hoover upright. We have a canister that DH thinks is fine, but I disagree. The new upright only costs $59.99, so I'm not spending a fortune. I read good reviews on it, but I only want something I can use easily. If it doesn't work so great, I'll try returning it or save up for a Dyson.

2 comments:

~Nutz said...

Yay for new stuff!

I have a Hoover upright. It's pretty good. Before that I had another Hoover upright that lasted 10 years, so that's why I bought a 2nd one. I can't afford a Dyson.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

OOHH!! A new sewing machine! I'd like one, but it'd have to be a Singer. I have two sitting on my sewing table, I SHOULD just go get them maintenanced so they work a little better. I've been having tension issues! My in-laws all have Bernina's but I don't like the front load bobbin! I like my Singer top-load!