Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Have the House to Myself

DD is away at girl's camp this week. She'll be home tomorrow. DH is, of course, at work, but he will take a day off tomorrow to do some work on the driveway project. I think I should go out and take pictures of before and after. I'm hoping he gets the job done this weekend.

So, what have I done with my time to myself? Mostly I've been waiting since Tuesday for someone to come and put in a new windshield. It's supposed to save me time, huh? DH said it was better than going to a shop, but I disagree. If I took it in to a shop, at least I would have taken a book, and read or had someone drop me off when it was finished.

We put in an order to Windshields to go online last week. I choose Tuesday as the installation date because I thought we could get it over with early in the week. They were supposed to send me an email confirming the order. They said they sent it, but I didn't receive it. I called them. Fortunately, I had a copy of my order.

They said they couldn't send anyone out until Wednesday. Okay, I had spent time waiting for them Tuesday. Then I waited for the call on Wednesday. The person I spoke to was from the 1-800 number that is used nation wide to make the orders. Well, a local person was to have called me between 8 and 9. I waited until 12:30PM before I called them. It turns out they did call someone with an answering machine, although it was not me - they must have called the wrong number. So, I was waiting, thinking I could not take a shower because they might call. Stupid, I guess, since I do have an answering machine, but I could not even remember what time they were supposed to come out. In these kind of situations, you sometimes get surprised like we did when the satellite television guy came out in the morning, instead of the afternoon.

So, I called, and the person at the 800 number told me he'd call me back. The local place called soon after and told me they must have called the wrong number. Bottom line: The windshield they received arrived broken, so they have to reorder it. So, no windshield for me until after noon today. DH will be happy when we finally get it done. We have to pay out of pocket, because we have a $500 deductible. The job costs $236.95.

We've decided to keep the van running for a couple of years. I guess I can survive. At least, the A/C is working.

No comments: