Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spring break vacation



Well, we got back home last Wednesday about 2:30 PM or so, and were very glad to be home again. I know I will have to convince DH not to drive so much and to settle into a place for several days and just chill. He really doesn't know how to do that. I think his memories of family trips are of driving long hours across the country to get to Utah, where his mother's relatives lived. They stayed at cheap little motels along the way, and the cars were bigger back then, and kids did not have to wear seat belts. I remember those days.

I'll start posting about the trip the next time. We went to Cleveland, OH, then to Indianapolis, IN, to Nauvoo, IL, then to St. Louis, MO, to Nashville, TN, Pigeon Forge, TN, Christiansburg, VA, and then home. All of this in 8 days time. Whew!

It was good to be home again after so many hours on the road. We missed the cat, too, and it seems he did miss us, because he asked for extra loving when we got back. We had our friend Tim come in to see how he was doing while we were gone.

Oh, and 1st the food picture on the right? Is a the big burger at Bennigan's that DH ordered. We started eating our food before I took the picture, but you get the idea. The second picture is my big burger with onion rings (one of my favs, not on the upcoming diet, though) and DD's plate is in the background. She ordered chicken miniburgers and she loved them. Bennigan's is now one of her favorite places.

4 comments:

Paul said...

I recall Nauvoo as being one of the starting points on the Oregon Trail game.

Sounds like you racked up some good mileage on the ol' Silvermobile! Hope to hear some more good stories from the trip.

And those Bennigan's pictures are making me hungry. (We're overdue for a dinner out, BTW. Thought of you last week at Red Lobster.)

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

We no longer have a Bennigans here.. it closed several years ago, and the building still sits empty, catty-corner (or kitty-corner) from where I work.

I still want to get to Nauvoo, I went there when I was 7 or so.. but I want to go there now with all the changes!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Oh, and I tagged you at my blog! *smooch*!

Paul said...

That's right, the Bennigan's in Columbia, MD has been history for some time!