Tuesday, June 10, 2008

19 Years and a tag

I've been married for 19 years to my sweetheart. If it weren't for him, I'd probably be an old maid. I'm not sure what I would be doing, but I know these past 19 years have been a change of direction for me. I have had the opportunity to become a mother. We have a wonderful kid, who really gave a great talk in church this past Sunday. I am so very proud of her. She is humble, and a really nice young lady.

The marriage has been a good one. I was not unhappy being single, most of the time, but I never knew what I was missing until I got married.


Now, on with the tag:


The rules:

a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


Julia tagged me


1. My hair is naturally dark brown, but I've been dying it a few shades lighter for the past year or so. I mostly use Loreal's Excellence, but bought a different brand this past purchase. Now I'm almost afraid to use it because I chose a blonde shade. The chart says it will dye my dark brown hair a light brown like I have now, but I don't have a lot of faith in those hair color charts.

2. I just started using insulin for my diabetes this past month, and every time I tell someone, they express their sympathy. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, just a necessary inconvenience to help me manage my disease.

3. I've turned into an insomniac and I don't like it. I sleep with a CPAP machine, but my sleep schedule is off, so I tend to sleep during the day. I took a sleeping pill the night before last and was almost rested when I arose yesterday, though not quite. I still have to work at it. I didn't sleep much last night and didn't take a pill.


4. It seems like I spend my life at the grocery store lately. We always need something, and milk is used up quickly here.

5. One of the reasons for number 4 is the cookie eaters - DH and DD. They must have milk with their cookies. I might buy some extra gallons today to put in the freezer just to have it here in case I don't want to go to the store. I'm thinking 6 gallons - 3 to use, and 3 to freeze.

6. Another reason for milk usage is I've been making ice cream in our Cuisinart Ice cream maker. It's great to have homemade ice cream. I've even used Xylitol sweetener to make frozen yogurt, and DH didn't notice any difference in taste. I have made a tasty strawberry ice cream using half and half, a cherry vanilla using whole milk, a banana rum raisin using whole milk, and a banana rum yogurt, using mostly yogurt, with alittle whole milk added. It has all been good eating.

I break chain letters all the time, so I'm breaking this tag because I think I've done this same or similar meme before, and I don't want to have it come back to me again, lol.



3 comments:

Tummy said...

1. Go for it, you can always buy another box just in case :)

2. I'm sorry. Just kidding.

3. I have periods of insomnia, drives me crazy.

4. Ugh, I hate grocery stores and only go 2 times a month.

5. I miss cookies *whimper

6. And where's my invite? The banana rum raisin sounds awesome!

Silvergirl said...

Anytime you are in the neighborhood, Tummy, drop on by. I have 2 freezer bowls, so I am ready to make ice cream at any time.

Tummy said...

Woot! Banana rum raisin here I come :)