Friday, June 13, 2008

Applied for a job

And I have low expectations, because I have not worked in 19 years. The companies I've worked for all those years ago either don't exist or have changed names. I haven't kept up with that. I did manage to find my old boss' phone number on the internet. I didn't call him and give him a heads up, though. I mailed my application in to the place downtown where they accept the job applications for Frederick County.

It's a part time 20 hour a week job with weekday daylight hours, which is what I want in a job. It pays $13.14 an hour. I guess I'll be lucky if they even consider me at all. I do have the right kind of experience, but it's old experience.

We have been able to make it on DH's salary, and I have other things I could try to make a small amount of cash, including writing stories for this one web site that pays for the traffic you bring to the site. I will be working on that tomorrow, plus I have a few things to sell on Craig's list. In the meantime, DH has been working overtime. His overtime is flexible, too, and he makes time and a half.

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone.

3 comments:

Tummy said...

Good luck on the job search SG. I've done some hiring in the past and I reserved judgement on time lapses until meeting the person. I think in the back of my mind I figured they were probably taking time off to raise a kid.

Now job hoping was another matter, I usually stayed away from those that had multiple jobs in a short amount of time. I probably missed out on some good employess, but....

Ugh, Friday the 13th, why'd you have to go type it out loud! Now I'm going back to bed.

Debcapsfan said...

Good luck with your job application.
I always have good luck on Friday the 13th. Since today is my last day at this job, I think that will hold.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

20 hours per week is the best.. that's what I do.. Good luck in getting hired SG!