Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Alone in the house at last

No DD or DH right now, and it feels good. DH will be home in about an hour, if traffic is good.

I'm supposed to be writing a summary for the 3rd episode of Hell's Kitchen, but I'm slacking at the moment to post something about yesterday.

I took my friend C to visit teach another member of our church, who I will call S, for the first time last night. We got there around 7 PM and I was greeted at the door with S handing me the phone. It was a call from the RS President Jane, who wanted me to drive C over to church after our visit teaching appointment so C could learn how to knit. I knew about the knitting class, and had participated last time, but I've decided that I can make better hats with the knifty knitter and why waste my time trying to count stitches. I know I am not good at that kind of thing. I'd rather sew than knit, and if I knit, it will be with the knifty knitter. The hats look so nice and it only takes an hour to make one while watching the tube.

So, C, S, and I had a nice time talking. C is recently widowed, in her 40s with 2 teenagers, a boy and a girl. S, the lady we were visiting, is divorced with 3 grown children, lives in a townhouse with 2 cats and 2 dogs. Her place was nice, but had no backyard. It's one of those piggyback townhomes. It does save on heating costs, to have someone living on 3 sides of your house. We talked for almost 2 hours, and then C and I went to our favorite Chinese carryout for food. I hope Jane isn't too mad at me for not joining them in the knitting class, but we were having such a good time talking, and I really wanted to get to know S better. She and C are both single and are going to the church's single activities. C needs more friends, and it will be good for her to have a network of singles. I told them the story of how I got together with DH. Ahhh, memories!

I had a good time and the chinese food was delicious!

7 comments:

Puffy said...

It's great to have female friends to hang around with!

Bravie said...

You should talk to Rose. She's quit the knitting woman these days.

Silvergirl said...

She quit the knitting woman? Did they break up, LOL?

Silvergirl said...

Oh, and Carey, I'm good with the knifty knitter, I just don't think I'll ever be good with needles. Maybe if I had started learning when I was younger, I would have more patience with it.

Puffy, it is good to get out to talk to other women. Being a domestic goddess, I sometimes feel like I'm tied to the kitchen, the laundry room, or just trying to keep food in the house.

HistoryDetective said...

Sounds like a fun evening. Now I am hungry for Chinese food!

kim (weltek) said...

I'm always hungry for Chinese food. Chris will never take me out for it. He likes Chinese, it's just never high on his list.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »