Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Life is just a bowl of cherries


Right now we have 3 huge bags of freshly picked cherries in our fridge. We were invited to pick cherries at the home of a church friend. His tree is really loaded, but most of the cherries are at the top of the tree. It was fun, and we all love cherries. I think I will be freezing them, but I need one of those cherry stoners. (Not code for anything).

I really love this friend and his wife. They are in their 70's and have a nice little rancher in a quiet and pretty neighborhood. It was inexpensive when they bought the house 40 years ago, but it is really expensive now. They have 3/4 of an acre and the yard is lovely.

I'm also getting the van ready for our camping trip. Since the Aliner is so small, we are letting DD sleep in the van. DH put curtain rods up and I've come up with curtains. Tomorrow I will be installing them and checking out how they look and what I need to do to tie them up out of the way when we are driving in the van. I guess I should take pictures of the whole thing.

3 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

You are so crafty! I think it's awesome that she'll have the van as her own space. I know I'd have appreciated it at her age.

Yes, get a cherry stoner & make some yummy topping for cheesecake. Or cherry cheese turnovers.

HistoryDetective said...

Sigh. I wish I got to go camping. Or eat cherries. Or go camping and make cherry pies in the campfire.

Bravie said...

One of my favorite Erma Bombeck books was "If life is a bowl of cherries, why am I always in the pits?"